The Paris and Tokyo MoUs’ joint Concentrated Inspection Campaign (CIC) on Fire Safety will start on 1 September. The CIC questionnaire is now available.
Relevant for ship owners and managers.
Paris MoU and Tokyo MoU CIC on Fire Safety
Through a press release on 1 August 2023, the Paris and Tokyo MoUs published the questionnaire for this year’s CIC. The questionnaire contains 10 questions (see Appendix on page 2) to confirm that the vessel complies with fire safety requirements under the relevant IMO instruments.
The CIC will be included in the routine PSC inspections in the period from September to November 2023.
On 16 August, our experts will offer a webinar for this year’s CIC on Fire Safety. A recording of this webinar will be made available on the DNV PSC web page.
DNV’s PSC Planner at Veracity / My Services / Fleet Status will also include the additional questionnaire for this year’s CIC on Fire Safety as of the end of August.
- Ensure equipment related to fire safety complies with relevant
- requirements and is properly maintained.
- Ensure that Master and crew are familiar with all operations
- related to fire safety.
- Consider joining the webinar on 16 August with DNV
- Use PSC Planner on DNV Veracity.
- CIC 2023 additional questionnaire, see page 2 of the PDF version of this news available below.
- CIC webinar on fire safety, 16 August 2023 – Registration
- DNV news from 20 July, 2023: Port State Control CIC 2023 on fire safety ready for your attention
- Further information on PSC matters on DNV PSC web page