Be prepared for the EU framework: MRV, ETS, and FuelEU Maritime
The EU's holistic framework addresses maritime emissions through key initiatives: EU MRV, ETS, and FuelEU Maritime. They regulate, monitor and incentivize emissions reductions in the industry, reflecting the EU's commitment to combat climate change. Robust reporting mechanisms, emissions trading systems, and fuel standards promote sustainability in the maritime sector.
EU ETS: ensuring compliance and managing emissions performance
From 1st January 2024, vessels must report according to the new Monitoring Plan covering new greenhouse gases (N2O and CH4) emissions. Starting in 2025, shipping companies must submit verified company emissions reports to the relevant administering authority. These reports are based on MRV ship emissions reports from the previous year.
Why choose DNV’s digital solution:
- MRV Monitoring Plan generator that will also be used during EU ETS and FuelEU update*
- Automatic generation of company emissions reports*
- Elimination of manual input through a digital/API solution*
- Assured quality of MRV data*
- Streamlined and efficient MRV verification process**
(*Provided by DNV AS / ** Provided by DNVGL SE)