To consolidate a control design basis for floating wind turbines.
- Verification of linear models produced using Bladed.
- Analysis of stability margins and generation of performance metrics.
- Baseline floating controller development.
- IPC to reduce tower nod and roll.
- Generator torque to reduce roll.
- MIMO control design methods.
Enhanced technology control design for floating turbines.
Quote from DNV project expert
“We secured a number of commercial contracts in 2014 and 2015 by establishing our ambition to be at the forefront of advanced control strategy research for floating wind.”
Francesco Vanni, Project Engineer, DNV - Energy