The course focuses on running transportation analysis by direct hydrodynamic and strength analysis methods, global structural analysis and spectral ULS calculations. The model used throughout this course consists of a topside module, deck support frame (DSF) and transportation barge, prepared in GeniE.
Practical point of view, pre-seafastening and seafastening conditions will be investigated together. The hydrodynamic environment modelling is done in HydroD and the hydrodynamic analysis in Wadam.
Design wave will be selected in Postresp by long term response calculation. Selected design waves are transferred to the structural FE model by load transfer analysis in HydroD, and structural analysis will be performed in Sestra. Hydrodynamic and structural results for ULS analysis are presented in Xtract. Simplified strength evaluation of topside by using RAO tool will be introduced. Code checking of beams and plates for topside, DSF and barge is performed in GeniE. Long term stress distribution for extreme condition will be investigated in Stofat. Local spectral fatigue using Submod and Stofat will be covered.
You will learn how to perform necessary steps of assessing the structural integrity of barge and relevant structure for transporting conditions.
- Setting up the workflow
- Preparation for panel and structure model
- Frequency domain hydrodynamic motion analysis
- Statistical process of global response and design wave selection
- Load Transfer Analysis for barge and topside
- Global structure analysis and verification
- ULS buckling check for barge and topside
- Long term stress calculation for extreme condition
- Sub-modelling analysis approach & local spectral fatigue analysis
- Simplified strength evaluation of topside by using RAO tool
Structural and hydrodynamic engineers working in the field of transportation and installation for ship and offshore structures.