This course focuses on different methods for modelling and meshing of floating hull structures. Typical examples covered are coarse mesh models intended for analysis and plate code checking, as well as local/sub models.
The following topics will be covered:
- Modelling from scratch
- Hull Design Tools in GeniE
- Import curves and surfaces from CAD
- Export model from Nauticus Hull
- Import FEM model converted from Nastran or Ansys
- Idealizing geometry
- Topology, geometry representation, model checking and repair
- Mesh checking and repair
- Local/sub model
Structural engineers in design, analysis or verification of floating hull structures.