The course introduces the software tool Mimosa for frequency domain analysis of mooring system. The participants will learn how to use Mimosa for static and dynamic analysis of moored vessels. It is capable of computing static and dynamic environmental loads, corresponding displacement and motion of the vessel and static and dynamic mooring tensions.
The following topics will be covered:
- Modelling of vessel data and mooring lines
- Environmental load modelling
- Static and dynamic motion response analysis
- Transient motion analysis
- Dynamic positioning with thrusters
- Interaction with the Sesam suite of programs HydroD and Wadam
- Statistical postprocessing of results
Naval architects/structural engineers involved in design of mooring lines and mooring analysis.