This 2-day introductory course discusses most common metallic materials for offshore structures, components and pipelines, including manufacturing methods and fabrication activities used. The course also endeavours to give a more in depth understanding of selected topics like basic metallurgy, welding, hydrogen induced stress-cracking (HISC), pipeline materials and failure investigation. Additive manufacturing, bolts, corrosion and materials selection will also be covered.
Upon completion participants will:
- Obtain basic competence on the most common offshore metallic materials and their respective fabrication methods
- Improve understanding of the different material issues typically encountered in an offshore development project.
- Materials engineers within the offshore and subsea oil and gas industry with limited materials experience
- Engineers working with manufacturing and fabrication
- Design engineers witha special interest in materials.