The main objective of the course is to qualify the participants as Internal Auditors according to the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 standard for Energy Management Systems EnMS. Participants will also gain an appreciation of the role and importance of internal auditing programmes within the maritime industry as related to Energy Management Systems.
Basic knowledge about ISO 50001:2018 standard for Energy Management Systems
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
Energy efficiency and energy management today are important issues for all companies, bis and small. With the increasing significance of Environment and Energy, the ISO 50001 EnMS is a useful tool to optimize energy consumption within an organization and on ships.
Effective implementation and verification of the efficiency of an EnMS requires periodical internal audits. The approach and scope of an audit differs widely from an inspection.
This course will provide shipping and offshore employees with the knowledge and tools necessary for performing and managing internal auditing procedures. Verification principles and methods for implementation of both formal and informal audit procedures will be examined and applied.
Through the use of interactive group exercises you will also improve your communication skills and thus strengthen your overall performance as an auditor. The successful completion of the course is assessed with a final exam.
The course focuses on:
- The purpose of an EnMS (with focus on shipping companies)
- Terminology and requirements of the ISO 50001:2018 standard
- Energy impacts and energy efficiency in the shipping industry
- Planning, preparing, conducting and documenting audits of an integrated management system
- Auditing techniques and requirements
- Interview techniques and awareness of social competence
- Identification and handling of non-conformities