During the course, you will learn how to implement or adapt an Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system according to the latest ISO standard 45001:2018 and in compliance with the ISM code and MLC 2006 Convention.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
Safe and health-oriented working and living conditions on board of ships are vital to avoid injuries, work related illnesses and deaths during the complex operations & environments in shipping. In order to ensure these conditions, the implementation of occupational health and safety policies is required by MLC 2006 (Reg. 4.3) and Flag state laws. Hence, shipping companies set up their OH&S management systems based on the BS OHSAS 18001 and since March 2018, the new ISO 45001:2018.
This course will enable you to make an efficient transition from your existing OHSAS systems to the modern ISO 45001:2018 or to implement a new OH&S management system from scratch. You will understand the business benefits of implementing an OH&S management system and useful methodologies for integrating the OH&S management system into other management systems like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISM & the MLC 2006 Convention.
State of the art interactive teaching methods are employed during the course.
The course focuses on:
- Business benefits of ISO 45001:2018
- Changes to BS OHSAS 18001
- Methodologies of new ISO 45001:2018
- Implementation of ISO 45001:2018
- Company in context with the management system's scope and needs of interested parties
- Leadership and worker participation
- Planning of objectives
- Managing occupational health & safety risks
- OH&S in shipboard processes
- Performance evaluation
- Improvement of the system
- Integration of OH&S management systems with other management system standards
- Special requirement for shipping companies and interrelations with ISM & MLC 2006
- Harmonized "seamless" certification of management systems