Experience from field use, large research and testing efforts have proven the limitations of duplex materials with regards to subsea use. This knowledge has been used as the basis for the revision of DNV recommended practice DNV-RP-F112, which provides design guidelines. The recommended practice (RP) presents HISC as a separate failure mode, which should be analysed for duplex components used subsea. The course is based on the second revision of DNV-RP-F112 and will use practical examples to go through the RP.
- Obtain a basic understanding of the risk factors for HISC
- Obtain a basic understanding of the HISC failure mechanisms
- Obtain an understanding of the design requirements in DNV-RP-F112
- Go through the design of a simple piping system and a simple component design using FE following the requirements in DNV-RP-F112.
- Subsea design engineers, involved with duplex components
- Materials engineers, who want to understand the HISC failure mode
- Project engineers involved in manufacturing and fabrication.