This course is designed for participants who already have experience in the role of DPA
Who should attend:
Experienced Designated Persons Ashore
Duration: 1 day
The role of the Designated Person Ashore (DPA) in a shipping company is such a crucial one today that many companies see great value in offering an additional Refresher training to their DPAs after a couple of years in this position. This is the prime objective of this course.
Due to growing complexity in the maritime industry, the challenge for the DPA is to continually improve the company's SMS so that it remains robust and able to meet new requirements due to legislative and technological changes, as well as market developments.
In this course the activities of the DPA are presented with emphasis on understanding the process approach as a key tool for efficient monitoring & supervision of a modern management system. A practical approach for the implementation of a process-oriented SMS will be highlighted. Strategies for using digital tools more efficiently and for making management system documentation more user-friendly will also be covered.
Course participants will all be experienced in the role of DPA and able to exchange fully with the trainer and other course participants regarding the more complex issues that they have to deal with in their daily business.
The course focuses on:
- Role of the DPA in this period of great change
- Evolution of Maritime Management Systems
- Upcoming topics in maritime legislation and their impact on company’s SMS
- Advantages of the Process approach for implementation, maintenance, monitoring & supervision of the SMS
- Examples and challenges of using digital tools for monitoring & supervision of the SMS
- Strategies for creating simplified and more user-friendly SMS documentation