DNV's Maritime Academy Singapore offers this online programme to help mid-careerists and recent graduates to explore career opportunities in the highly resilient and diverse maritime sector.
The maritime industry attracts new employees on a regular basis. To assist with their smooth integration into the maritime world and to help them to function more effectively more quickly, this programme is also suitable for newcomers into the business, as well as individuals who wish to refresh knowledge and deepen their understanding in shipping.
Online Programme. Start date: 19 December 2022.
MCF training grant is available for eligible participants. For more information please refer to: https://www.mpa.gov.sg/maritime-singapore/what-maritime-singapore-offers/developing-manpower/training@maritimesingapore
Duration: 3 months (72 hours total training and assessment, 18 hours per module)
Each online session lasts 3 hours, from 7 pm to 10 pm (GMT+8) and there are two sessions during weekdays only. Overall there are 24 sessions.
For more details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Certificate in Shipping Operations and Management programme is offered by DNV, the world's leading ship and offshore classification society and aims to develop the maritime workforce and deepen local capabilities. This programme covers both the technical knowledge and soft skills required for safe and efficient shipping operations, and will adequately prepare trainees for the diversified roles of Operations and HSSEQ/Crewing in a digital future.
- 3-month training programme focussing on job roles of Operations, HSSEQ and Crewing to be delivered by trainers who are all experts in their field and have extensive experience in the maritime industry.
- Our trainers are accredited on WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) in accordance with the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification System.
- Conducted online (Microsoft Teams) in a modular format, live course delivery and self-study materials.
- Industry-relevant modules to help you improve employability
- DNV's Maritime Academy works closely with our industry partners to help you stay competitive and relevant.
The programme consists of four modules:
- Fundamentals of the maritime industry: Stakeholders, structures and regulations
- Digital transformation: Technology, innovations and data security practices
- Global maritime regulatory and requirements in the shipping sector: International and regional conventions for ship safety and environmental protection
- Operations, HSSEQ & Crewing: Day-to-day management of operations of the ship, and management of activities related to quality, health, safety, security, environment (QHSSE) and Crewing
For more details about this Certificate programme, entry requirements, fees and subsidies and for registration please contact: email@example.com