To ensure the Company’s dedication to infection prevention and to maintain the safety of both passengers and crew aboard vessels at all times.
To facilitate behavioural changes in order to implement new measures and controls.
Basic public health knowledge
Who should attend:
Duration: Half day (approximately 4 hours online as a Live Virtual Classroom)
The emergence of COVID-19 disrupted the entire maritime industry and brought about an urgent need for vessel owners and operators to not only mitigate infection risk in the interests of business continuity, but also restore stakeholder confidence in the industry. To support vessel owners and operators in their response to COVID-19, or any future emerging pathogen, DNV GL launched the Certification in Infection Prevention – Maritime program (CIP-M) which consists of a holistic set of requirements for an infection prevention and control management system. The program has been tailored to fit with established maritime codes (ISM Code in particular) and standards as applicable.
Participants will be familiarised with infection risks and best practice in the field of Infection Prevention and Control. Focus will be on passenger ships.
This half-day course may be delivered independently from the certification scheme to build personnel awareness and understanding in the fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control.
Three levels of training are available for relevant on-board and shore-based personnel and can be delivered as classroom training (face-to-face or online), or via flexible e-learning modules. Custom-made modules can also be created to match company-specific procedures, checklists and other assets.Focus Points:
- Define the scope for managing infection risk
- Provide a basic review of the Infection Prevention requirements
- Raise awareness of the principles and practices that drive the role of the infection prevention program and methods for continuous improvement
- Facilitate the identification of current best practice in the field of infection prevention and control including:
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Medical Equipment Management
- Surveillance and outbreak investigation
- Allow for a variety of solutions when managing infection risk