Whether you're running hydrodynamic analysis or simple structural analysis, rules and standards are an important part of the process. We will explore how to apply these rules and standards with our Oil and Gas and Maritime colleagues in a 3-part webinar series. In this series, you will learn how to apply DNV-GL rules and standards in Sesam when modeling a semi-submersible, determine design waves and post-process the results.
In our second webinar of the series, we will focus on post-processing linear structural results. The global structural analysis will be performed using Sesam and the results post-processed (including yield and buckling check) according to DNV rules.
- Run hydrodynamic load transfer (for strength)
- Linear structural analysis
- Rule-based post-processing of the results (yield check)
- Rule-based post-processing of the results (buckling check)
About the speakers:
- Chris Kubes, Senior Support Engineer, DNV - Digital Solutions. Chris Kubes graduated from Texas A&M University with an aerospace degree in 2002. Currently, Chris has the role of Software Support Engineer for floating structure design and has been in this position for the past 6 years.
- Grzegorz Malinowski, Principal Engineer, DNV - Oil & Gas. Grzegorz has 20 years of experience in structural engineering for the maritime and offshore oil & gas industry. His main focus is on Class systematics, design verification/review and independent FE analysis of various steel structures including Ships, Semi-Submersibles, TLPs, Spars, FPSOs, Jackets and Topsides.
- Piotr Szalewski, Principal Engineer, DNV - Maritime. Approval and Verification Center - Piotr is a licensed PE with 20+ years of experience in structural design of maritime ships and offshore floating structures.