Load research services
As an industry leader in load research, DNV provides a comprehensive package of services covering all aspects of your load research program and its applications.
From initial study planning to analysis and final reporting, we provide advisory and training support to your team. We deliver effective solutions, integrating services with those applications that rely on your load research data and analytics.
Load Analytics as a Service
Undertaking complex load analysis requires domain expertise and a robust IT infrastructure to achieve reliable results. Having access to on-demand skilled resources without the high startup and operational costs provides decision makers and planners a quick path to critical information. Our team of data scientists and statisticians harness the power of our purpose built analytical platform LRS+ for rapid results to complex analyses. The cloud based, platform solution can be customized to meet the analytical requirements of specific client use cases. For more information on this service visit our Load Analytics as a Service (LAaaS) webpages.
Load research isn’t just for cost of service anymore. We can help you realize its full potential and better integrate it into all of your organization’s needs. For example, we’ve recently performed rate impact studies using our clients’ load research samples of actual customer interval load data, providing their regulators informative reports about the impacts of their innovative rate designs. We can work with you to achieve more value from the rich data sources you have and analyses you already perform to leverage them into new insights for your clients.
Delivering credible results to:
- Inform cost of service and rate design
- Conduct rate impact studies
- Assess demand response baselines
- Evaluate DR, TOU, and CPP pricing programs
- Support load forecasting and energy trading
- Assess innovative technologies
- Improve marketing and EE program design
- Size substations, circuits, and transformers
We can customize individual services to your organization’s needs:
- Sample design, selection and validation
- Project implementation
- Monitoring equipment specification, procurement, set-up, and installation
- Data collection and processing
- Data validation, editing, and estimation (VEE)
- Analysis and reporting
End-use Metering and Analytics
The DNV team has extensive experience including multi-year end-use metering studies associated with residential, multi-family, and commercial business sectors. Our engineers stay current with end-use metering technology ensuring our clients the most reliable metering equipment for the best price. This saves clients thousands of dollars in project costs and maintains the validity of the study. When installing end-use meters has not been an option for clients, our team has performed information needs assessments, conducted data applicability assessments, and developed modelled loads.
LRS+ Purpose-Built Analytical Platform
The DNV Load Research System Plus (LRS+) offers users a cloud-based platform solution for load research analytics and program evaluation. The LRS+ is a comprehensive analytics platform tool to help turn data into insight and information. DNV’s development team architected the LRS+ analytics platform with three key parameters in mind:
Our LRS+ analytics platform aligns disparate data sources with high volumes of interval load profile data for advanced time series analysis and graphical exploration.
The pre-eminent experts at DNV are the leaders in load research in the industry. Members from our team include:
- An AEIC Load Research Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- Two IEPEC Lifetime Achievement Award winners
- Faculty members of the AEIC Advanced Applications in Load Research Workshop
- Principal author of Model-Based Statistical Sampling - Applications in Load Research
- SAS-certified programmers
- Seasoned consultants with years of practical industry experience
We specialize in the latest applications and developments, combining engineering, statistical and technical capability, and are actively engaged with over a dozen clients at any given time.