Avoiding and minimizing the costs of downtime
Whether due to a scheduled turnaround or a critical component failure, the challenges and costs of downtime can be serious.
DNV GL offers in-service inspection during the operation, turnaround and shutdown phases of the asset lifecycle. This helps to maximize plant availability through reduced downtime. Dedicated to a safe and sustainable energy future, we help to protect the operation and integrity of all major oil and gas assets, including refineries, petrochemical plants and production facilities. Our in-service inspection service enables our customers to optimize maintenance schedules, meet regulatory requirements and avoid incidents with impact on life, property and the environment. In-service inspection is part of our holistic integrity management offering which includes advisory, risk based inspection and software.
In-service inspection services include:
- Operational inspection
- Inspection and technical assistance during turnarounds
- Lifting equipment inspection
- Assessment of lifting equipment operators
- Rig inspection, drill pipe inspection and tubular inspection
- Corrosion monitoring
- Failure evaluation, analysis and prevention
- Managed non destructive testing (NDT) and advanced NDT support providers
- Baseline inspection
- Risk-based inspection