ECO Assistant – effective trim optimisation
Sail at optimal trim and instantly save fuel with award-winning ECO Assistant.
Since a vessel’s fuel consumption is significantly impacted by its day-to-day trim condition, optimum trim is highly desirable. Unfortunately, this impact and its related trim are hard to quantify in practice.
DNV’s award-winning on-board and onshore software tool ECO Assistant takes out the uncertainty in fuel savings due to trim. It is built around a pre-calculated database of ship-specific resistance and power-demand data to provide answers in all operating conditions. It can also be used in loading computers and performance management solutions.
For over 10 years now, many ship owners and operators have successfully been using ECO Assistant to reduce their fuel bills. The latest version, ECO Assistant 4, features four key modules:
- Trim optimization – displays optimum trim and related fuel savings
- E-training – safeguards continuous and effective use
- Fuel consumption calculation – identifies benchmark and expected fuel consumption in various operating conditions
- Reporting – saves sailing conditions and shares trim performance between ship and shore
With more than 1,000 installations, ECO Assistant has proven to be a reliable tool. It has successfully undergone repeated trim-focused sea trials according to ISO 15016 on different ships to confirm its effectiveness.
Discover how our ECO Assistant can quickly help reduce your fuel consumption:
- Easy-to-install, maintenance-free and intuitive stand-alone solution for a fast return on investment (ROI)
- Maximum fuel savings in any sailing condition from day one of installation
- The impact of extra ballast water on optimum trim can easily be checked
- Powerful e-training for proper crew familiarization
- Calculations of fuel consumption in nearly any sailing condition considering individually adjustable fuel quality, service margins, engine room conditions and head wind impact
- Integrated Reporting tool to document achieved savings
- SEEMP-ready monitoring and reporting of trim performance
- Reliable and verified high-quality results through well-established standardized process with market-leading simulation grid density
- Short production times and cost-effective solution with short ROI
Harvest trim savings beyond ECO Assistant
- Ship-specific power demand tables based on comprehensive full-scale CFD simulations
- Consider optimum trim in loading computers for stowage planning
- Monitor trim savings and remaining potentials in performance management portals such as ECO Insight