Our work is addressing four main research questions:
- What is the impact of Technologies on Shipping and Classification?
- What is the impact of the Energy Mix on Shipping and Classification?
- What is the impact of Connectivity on Shipping and Classification?
- What is the impact of Climate Change on Shipping and Classification?
Some of the topics we work on are listed here. Our work is organised in projects that often address more than one of the above research questions.
Technologies & Tools
- Energy Storage
- Fuel Cells
- Organic Rankine Cycle
- Energy Harvesting
- Big Data
- Data Infrastructure
- Diagnostics and Prognostics
- Remote Control
- Extreme weather
- Uncertainties in climate models
- Rogue waves
- Low and intermediate sea states
- Ship design and operation for future climate and rogue waves