DNV has been working with ocean industries for 157 years and is already extensively involved in the new era for the ocean. We have identified the need for a comprehensive overview of how the blue economy will develop in the coming years.
This report highlights how the Blue Economy is entering a period of sectoral and geographic diversification.
These are the highlights:
- Offshore wind will overtake the oil and gas sector to receive the largest investments in the Blue Economy
- The Blue Economy will be dominated by Asia
- There will be a 9-fold increase in demand for ocean space for aquaculture and energy production
- The energy transition and increasing purchasing power of Asia will alter outlook for shipping
- Aquaculture production to match capture fisheries by 2050