A key element in the energy transition is to start using hydrogen as a fuel and to be able to avoid emitting CO2 to the atmosphere through carbon capture and storage. New value chains are being established and a lot of technologies need to be qualified.
Carbon capture and storage
DNV's Technology Centre in Groningen is gearing up to qualify CCS technologies.
- We provide industry leading advice on metering of CO2 which is essential for the CCS value chain to be sustainable financially and from an integrity point of view.
- We have developed a flow loops to qualify equipment like flow meters for gas phase CO2
- We are building a flow loop to do the same for dense phase CO2.
- We provide leading advice related to handling, safety an metering of hydrogen
- We work on full scale implementation of hydrogen as a fuel for industries and households
- We qualify flow equipment in a 100% hydrogen flow loop
- We have competence to assess an qualify technologies related to hydrogen burners, engines domestic appliances etc.
- We have also developed a large range of competences and equipment to support qualification of hydrogen burners, engines…