Moving to digital
Digitally signed electronic documents are becoming easier, more secure and more common in all industries, shipping included. DNV is the first classification society that has achieved full-scale production capability of electronic certificates. This enables issuance of electronic certificates on the entire DNG GL fleet of vessels at the first periodical survey after the roll out, subject to respective Flag acceptance.
Ship owners and managers, as well as flag states and port state authorities, vetting agencies and many other companies benefit from a paperless class and statutory regime. Managing, sharing, storing and verifying the authenticity of certificates is easy and secure with DNV’s support.
Electronic certificates from DNV,
- can save time and money for owners and other stakeholders because of a reduced administrative burden,
- eliminate paper handling (printing, scanning, archiving),
- can be easily shared with stakeholders using access codes,
- are always available on My DNV Fleet Status in the latest version,
- have no risks to get lost,
- complement our remote survey services.