Recent flagship projects include:
- Offshore vessel - onshore power: KL Sandefjord, owned by K Line Offshore AS, is the first offshore vessel with the DNV GL class notation Shore Power. The Shore Power notation verifies the design and installation of a vessel’s on-board electrical shore connection. When in port, the vessel can shut down its engines and rely on a shore-based electrical supply for its needs at berth – so called “cold ironing”.
- Enabling large-scale decarbonisation of the UK gas network: DNV GL is working with gas transmission and distribution system operators on innovation projects to introduce lower-carbon gas mixes into the British gas network and improve consumers’ gas bill calculations.
- Wind energy: we launched the digital twin tool WindGEMINI and the upgraded WindFarmer: Analyst.
- Food safety and supply chain audits: we conduct audits that address hunger, clean water and climate by assuring compliance to high standards. Our aquaculture assurance services also help customers contribute to life below water and in 2017 we released our project on advanced analytics in the aquaculture sector to help fish farmers improve feed efficiency and fish health and reduce mortality levels.
- Synergi Life QHSE software: provides a platform for recording, tracking and responding to incidents and enables the reduction of operational risk related to human safety and environmental impact.