On December 19, 2016, PHMSA published in the Federal Register an interim final rule (IFR) that revises the Federal pipeline safety regulations to address critical safety issues related to downhole facilities, including wells, wellbore tubing, and casing, at underground natural gas storage facilities. Synergi Pipeline has an “open” risk modelling framework that enables users to construct their own risk model or utilize one of DNV’s standard models. This webinar will focus on the configuration of Synergi Pipeline with an industry accepted risk model for underground storage assets. Additionally the webinar will demonstrate how the risk model is utilized in Synergi Pipeline to support a storage well integrity management program.
By watching this webinar you will learn more about:
- Background information on underground storage wells in the USA
- Regulatory drivers for assessing risk
- Overview of an industry accepted risk model for underground storage
- Configuration of the underground storage risk model in Synergi Pipeline
- Sample assessment results
After watching this webinar, you see some of the benefits that clients can realize when using Synergi Pipeline to run risk assessments on underground storage.
Learn more about the Underground Natural Gas Storage JITF (Joint Industry Task Force) White Paper.