Sesam’s software for offshore wind turbine foundations is based on decades of experience in engineering analysis of steel offshore structures. New capabilities are continuously being developed to meet the needs from structural engineers.
Topics included in the webinar:
- Performing preliminary and detailed design
- Executing integrated design and superelement analysis
- Leveraging the cloud for more efficient computation, 3D visualization and improved collaboration
- Brief overview of coupled analysis for floating offshore wind
- Recent and upcoming software updates in Sesam and Bladed
About the speaker:
Laurens Alblas has been working in DNV GL since 2012 and has a background in aerospace engineering and wind energy. He is responsible for the Sesam software for strength assessment of offshore wind structures, and further improving and optimizing the way strength assessment software is being used in the offshore wind industry. Laurens has been providing technical support and delivering user courses for fixed offshore structures, specializing in offshore wind structures in particular.