Unmanned underwater vehicles
Build confidence and trust with your customers by ensuring safe, reliable and cost-efficient operation of your unmanned underwater systems.
Underwater operations can be risky and expensive. The success of a project depends on the reliable function of the equipment used.
At DNV we offer extensive know-how of underwater technology. Over 40 years of experience in this field has resulted in the development of our own rules for the construction of underwater systems like:
- Remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs)
- Autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs)
- Unmanned underwater systems
- Ocean monitoring systems
- Sub systems and equipment
In cases where no standards exist, our rules deliver guidance or recommend best practices. Our service portfolio covers:
- Classification (during manufacturing and in-service period)
- Certification and testing according to relevant international standards and our DNV rules
- Comprehensive engineering services such as feasibility studies, risk analyses, design assessments, FEM calculations
- Technical support in terms of compliance
Our engineers ensure that our services observe the latest technological advances and international regulations. Your underwater products are in the best hands with DNV - let us help you in assuring outstanding quality and reliability for your unmanned underwater vehicles.
- Customer trust and confidence in your products
- Safe underwater operations with minimised risk of loss or malfunction
- Expert support on hand whenever you need it
- DNV’s solid worldwide reputation within the maritime industry