Structural integrity condition monitoring system for offshore wind turbines
Development of individual concepts that guarantee legal requirements for monitoring offshore wind turbine structures are met.
Due to a lack of experience with the long term impact of environmental and operational stress on the structural integrity of offshore wind turbines, continuous monitoring is necessary and even required by regulations lik the BSH standard.
DNV supports you in developing and realising a concept tailored to your specific needs. We work with you to determine an appropriate observational method, and realise a suitable monitoring system that meets all legal requirements.
Our services include:
- Conceptual design of a monitoring system
- Development of a measurement system
- Determination of the limits for expected structural behaviour
- Early alert and preparation of an action plan, in case of predefined values being exceeded
- Ongoing monitoring documentation
Furthermore, according to your specific demands we can also provide assistance with:
- Selection of suitable sensors for monitoring scour and corrosion
- Maintenance and repair
- Data recording and analysis
- Periodic reporting