Structural analysis of ships
We simulate and evaluate the ship's structure to help you evaluate the design.
To identify potentially critical areas of a ship’s design, we simulate and evaluate the loads and resulting stress flows through the hull structure. Highly stressed areas are assessed for risk of permanent deflection and buckling failure. Details within areas of pronounced stress concentration and exposed to large dynamic stresses are checked for sufficient fatigue life.
Contrary to conventional design methods, our simulation-driven design approach enables us to consider individual hull forms and operational profiles, and to verify novel designs for which no experience exists.
We have over 30 years of experience in assessing the structural integrity of ships with first principle methods. Our engineers work across disciplines and are fluent in the different applicable methods.
Continuous feedback from our Fleet in Service department provides us with input for fine-tuning our methods against real-life situations and provide a better understanding of your requirements.
Obtain maximum reliability for your ships with a structural analysis from DNV:
- Robust and weight efficient hull structure ensured through global strength analysis, fatigue assessment wave loads, etc.
- Enhanced safety against overstressing, fatigue cracks and buckling failure
- Less risk of downtimes and repairs
- Design verification by one of the world’s leading service providers
- Tailor-made, for all ship types: Container, cruise, RoPax, heavy lift, tankers, bulkers, LNG/LPG, naval, HSC and more