Management system certification for healthcare
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
The ISO standards can help healthcare organisations enhance patient safety and improve other essential operational aspects.
The suite of ISO standards especially relevant for healthcare organisations range from quality (ISO 9001), environmental (ISO 14001) and energy management (ISO 50001) to information security (ISO/IEC 27001).
A structured management system compliant with any of the ISO standards helps any healthcare organisation take a structured approach to manage operational risks and continually improve. Certification by an independent third-party provides assurance of your performance and proof of compliance with internationally recognized best-practice standards.
Certification of your management system demonstrates your organisation’s ability to meet the requirements of your chosen standard. It will help you:
- Ensure that you have systems in place to support your goals;
- Identify and manage risks;
- Determine, manage, monitor and improve complex and interrelated processes;
- Comply with any relevant international and national legal requirements;
- Implement best practice routines and procedures;
- Prevent incidents from occurring;
- Identify areas of improvement and ensure continual enhancement of your management system;
- Provide assurance to patients, authorities and other stakeholders that you have implemented a well-functioning management system and are committed to continual improvement.
How does it work
In order to put a certified quality management system in place you need to know the requirements of the chosen standard and set clear targets for implementation and assessment of the management system. Certification and continuous improvement of your management system is a journey. We perform yearly audits and re-certification every third year.
These are important steps to get started:
- Get familiarized with the chosen standard. Training is available.
- Make an assessment of your current management system to identify gaps.
- Take action to improve the areas that need enhancement to prepare for certification.
- Ensure top management commitment. A good management system needs to ensure commitment from top level throughout the entire organisation.
- Engage an accredited certification body to get started with the certification process.
DNV offers accredited certification, tailored to the healthcare context for all management system standards. Those particularly relevant for hospitals and other healthcare organisations are:
- Quality management (ISO 9001);
- Environmental management (ISO 14001);
- Environmental management (ISO 50001);
- Information security (ISO/IEC 27001).
A leading management system certification body globally, DNV has auditors with extensive experience from the healthcare and other industry sectors. We can support you with:
- Training courses to build knowledge on the selected standard;
- Self-assessment suite and gap analysis to help measure degree of compliance;
- Certification to your select standard.