How we protect and manage the ocean will determine much of our success towards delivering the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, and businesses that are connected to the ocean have a critical role to play.
As our report for the UN Global Compact Action Platform on Sustainable Ocean Business lays out, the ocean can be the key to achieving the Global Goals. In the next decade, we can:
- Improve ocean health by preventing pollution and litter from entering the ocean.
- Map the ocean around the world, pioneering innovative research and discovering new insights.
- Make healthy food from the ocean available to all.
- Provide affordable, clean energy to people everywhere.
- Produce low-emission solutions for global maritime transport, facilitating a cleaner, more efficient provider of trade and growth.
- Ensure a well-governed ocean through coherent public-private partnerships.