Al-Karim, Head of Public Affairs, Energy Systems at DNV, is joined by industry leaders in a lively debate. Together they deep dive into what happened at COP27 and, more importantly, what will be needed from policymakers and industry to make up for lost ground in the next twelve months, ahead of COP28.
- Francisco Laverón, Head of Energy Prospective at Iberdrola
- Steven Schofield, Head of Climate Policy & Advocacy at Shell
- Maha Mostafa, Executive Committee Chairwoman at Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Efficiency (RCREEE)
- Marianne Karlsen, Chief Climate Analyst, Ministry of Climate and Environment Norway, and former Chair for SBI.
Some of the questions they debate include:
- Was mitigation prominent at COP this year?
- What does that tell us about the actual action on the ground – is it happening or is it still just talk?
- Is the fund for developing nations enough?
- Which other announcements were welcome by your company and sector?
- What additional policies would help companies, and in which markets?
- How optimistic are you about achieving the 1.5oC compared to before COP27?