The pressure on the maritime industry to decarbonize is intensifying. Fuel choice will be the most significant factor and many potential alternative options are emerging. But in the container sector what are the best options and how can these be implemented practically and economically?
In our new "Alternative fuels for containerships" series, DNV examines the different alternative fuel options and provides an overview of the most important technical and commercial considerations for the container sector.
In the first edition, we explore LNG - a proven and available solution. The report looks at:
- The Greenhouse gas challenge for shipping
- LNG vs HFO, and as a bridging fuel to low and zero-carbon options
- Bunkering infrastructure and the global fleet
- Engines, fuel systems and tanks
- Commercial considerations, CAPEX and OPEX in newbuilding and retrofits
Please submit the form above to receive your download link.