Minidoka Memorial Hospital in southeast Idaho implemented Synergi Life software for management of quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE) in 2019. The hospital is known for its patient-focused care and strives to continuously improve quality, processes, and efficiencies at the hospital.
I don’t know how we could have managed our hospital accreditation and certification without Synergi Life," says Laura T. Clark, Accreditation & Document Management Director at Minidoka.
Prior to the implementation of Synergi Life, systems at Minidoka were paper-based, and staff spent hours gathering and compiling information. Today, employees can enter data directly into the system. Synergi Life creates the essential graphs, analyses and reports. The time saved on tedious paperwork is spent working with managers on new projects to improve systems and processes, and the results can be seen in many areas, including in the recent stellar results in DNV’s sterile processing survey.
Minidoka is the first critical access hospital in the state of Idaho to receive the sterile processing program certification from DNV. Cleaning, inspection and sterilization of medical devices used in surgical procedures takes place in the sterile processing department. DNV's sterile processing program certification ensures that healthcare facilities are prioritizing consistent sterile processing work and meet or exceed standards of care.
“Our sterile processing is a standout,” says Amy Davis, Surgical Services Director at Minidoka. “We went from nine findings to zero within one year. With Synergi Life, we were able to address every single finding. The surveyor closed each deficiency and was unable to find anything else.” “Minidoka currently has a zero percent infection rate. Being patient-focused and delivering excellent healthcare is what we strive for every day,” says Kristi Clark, Quality Management Director.
ABOUT MINIDOKA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Minidoka Memorial Hospital, established in 1960, is Minidoka County’s only hospital with a nursing home located in Rupert, Idaho. Services offered at Minidoka Memorial Hospital include surgery, inpatient and outpatient treatments, long-term care, ambulance, and occupational health. It is an accredited and innovative critical access hospital licensed for 25 beds, with a one-bed intensive care unit, seven-bed emergency department and a 42-bed extended care facility. The hospital employs over 350 people, making it the second largest employer in the county.
- Customer name: Minidoka Memorial Hospital
- Web address: minidokamemorial.com
- Market: Health care
- Employees/users: Over 350
- Product: Synergi Life - Quality Management module
Why we chose DNV - Digital Solutions:
- Synergi Life is extremely easy to use for people of all IT experience levels
- Synergi Life ties all the information together for all involved stakeholders
- Comprehensive software with virtually unlimited possibilites for use
- We can build software to fit our needs
This is what we gained:
- All data is stored in one place
- Improved efficiencies resulting in ROI of $15,060 over a 3 months period
- Projected ROI over a 12 month period - $102,900
- Ability to move forward with real results
- Our staff are excited for the future time-saving allowing more time for patient care