To effectively address the challenges affecting the technical management of vessels caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Basic knowledge of technical aspects of shipping
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
The pandemic and other factors have disrupted the traditional practices of ship management. In the area of technical management, we explore how the pandemic has affected vessel attendance, supply of spares, technical services, crew morale and other factors. We also explore a variety of tools and techniques which may be used to mitigate the effects of the disruptions.
Additionally, participants will understand the scope and practices for remote surveys followed by DNV.
Through interaction and activities, participants will be encouraged to develop the strategy which best suits their needs and operational profile.
The course focuses on:
- Overview of the ship-managers’ technical functions which may be impacted by the pandemic.
- Identification of risks, disruptions, and opportunities to address these challenges
- Alternative “superintendent inspections”
- Remote statutory and class surveys
- Practical activities & sample cases