In consultation with Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) and SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), the SGUP-CT Shipping Operations & Management programme offered by DNV in Singapore aims to develop the maritime workforce and deepen local capabilities.
This programme will help mid-careerists and recent graduates to explore career opportunities in the highly resilient and diverse maritime sector.
Programme only available in Singapore
The SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme provides mid-career individuals with traineeships and training opportunities at companies and public sector agencies. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who are mid-career jobseekers with two or more years of experience and have been impacted by COVID-19 will be eligible for the programme. For more information, you may visit the Skillsfuture Singapore website.
Duration: 6 months
This 6-month training programme on Shipping Operations & Management has been designed to help mid-careerists explore opportunities in the highly resilient and diverse maritime sector. This programme covers both the technical knowledge and soft skills required for safe and efficient shipping operations, and will adequately prepare trainees for the diversified roles of Operations and HSSEQ/Crewing in a digital future.
Drawing on the strengths and expertise of DNV, it addresses current topics of critical importance in the maritime industry with a blended learning approach to operational, technical and quality issues.
The programme consists of four modules:
- Fundamentals of the maritime industry: Stakeholders, structures and regulations
- Digital transformation: Technology, innovations and data security practices
- Global maritime regulatory and requirements in the shipping sector: International and regional conventions for ship safety and environmental protection
- Plus either Option 1: Shipping operations: Day-to-day management of ship operation
- or Option 2: HSSEQ or Crewing: Day-to-day management of quality, health, safety, security, environment (QHSSE) and Crewing
For more details and registration before 28 May 2021click here
Course start date:14 June 2021