Power transformers are vital components of the power supply infrastructure. Their reliability, availability, life cycle cost and residual life expectancy depend to a significant extent on how they are designed, built, operated and maintained. This course will help participants understand the basic principles of power transformers and the associated utilization issues.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to discuss your questions with internationally reputed transformer experts, exchange experiences and practical examples with fellow participants. In some cases, a visit to the KEMA labs may be part of the training program (not applicable during online course).
- Understanding of how transformers are designed, constructed, protected and operated
- Knowledge of how to specify and assure the quality of transformers
- Insight into transformer maintenance, condition assessment and lifetime estimation
On request, DNV can also provide in-company training (content, location and duration can be adapted to you specific wishes). Please contact us for more information.
More information about the Dutch training course can be found on our Dutch website.
- Basic transformer theory
- Transformer design and construction
- Specification and quality assurance
- Transformer protection
- High-voltage and short-circuit transformer testing
- Oil: electrical insulator, thermal conductor and condition indicator
- Condition assessment and diagnosis
- Maintenance and transformer asset management
Asset engineers, asset managers, technical consultants and anyone else dealing with the design, specification, operation, maintenance and protection of power transformers.