Nauticus Hull is a ship structural analysis and design program for rule compliance checks on hull girder strength, and plate and stiffener scantling checks for a hull cross section.
The current version of the program, including a new scantlings modelling tool and a new approach for compartment definitions, was introduced in 2018.
The following rule sets are applicable in the latest program version:
- DNV Rules
- DNV offshore rules
- IACS Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carriers and Oil Tankers (CSR BC & OT)
After the course, you should be able to use Nauticus Hull to carry out compliance checks on the hull girder and cross sections according to rule requirements.
The following topics will be covered:
- Describing ship particulars and main data
- Describing tank plan, compartments and loads
- Scantlings modelling
- Prescriptive rule check analyses
- Fatigue analyses
- Report and results presentation
Naval architects, designers, hull structural engineers and approval engineers with no experience in using the latest version of Nauticus Hull for rule check analyses.