This introductory course discusses most common metallic materials for offshore structures, components and pipelines, including manufacturing methods and fabrication activities used. The course also endeavours to give a more in depth understanding of selected topics like basic metallurgy, welding, hydrogen induced stress-cracking (HISC), pipeline materials and failure investigation.
Upon completion participants will:
- Obtain basic competence on the most common offshore metallic materials and their respective fabrication methods
- Improve understanding of the different material issues typically encountered in an offshore development project.
- Materials engineers with little or no experience
- Engineers working with manufacturing and fabrication follow-up
- Design engineers with special interest in materials.