This one day solar course covers the technical basics of solar PV, starting with a PV module up to a PV power plant. Specially for DSO's/TSO's we will focus on typical aspects of the interface between PV power plants and the electricity grid. Contrary to our "standard" introductory course on Solar PV, less emphasis will be on the cost aspects. In the first part of the course you will get an introduction to quality assessment of PV components and power plants. The second part of the course focuses on the PV project life cycle and the trainees are taken through the development phases of a large scale PV power plant. In this 'DSO/TSO edition' we emphasize on the role of the DSO/TSO and discuss the challenges and solutions that solar power plants bring to them.
- Technical basics of PV power plants
- the PV module
- foundation & mounting structures
- PV power plant design
- SCADA system
- PV power plants in the electricity grid
- requirements for generators
- other grid support functions
- possibilities of curtailment
- Quality aspects
- overview of IEC standards
- PV modules standards and testing
- inverter standards and testing
- quality in PV power plants
- PV life cycle focus
- PV Project design game: experience situations market actors find themselves in
- Q & A session and topics to be addressed resulting form participating in the course
For more information, please refer to the brochure.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for employees of DSO's/TSO's who are relatively new to the field of solar PV and who want to obtain a certain basic technical knowledge about solar PV and learn more about the development process of PV power plants.