What you will learn:
In order to build an offshore wind project, each country has its own set of leasing and permitting steps and requirements. This course will break down the BOEM leasing process in the U.S., and what a developer must do after securing that lease area before building their offshore wind project. There will also be discussion on different permitting regimes in Europe and lessons learned that can be applied in the U.S. process. Further, we’ll discuss procurement and different contracting strategies that developers use to successfully build out their offshore wind projects.
Who should attend?
- Developers, operators, financial stakeholders, and professionals tangentially involved with offshore wind leasing and permitting activities who would benefit from learning about the whole lifecycle from leasing through procurement.
- Professionals with a background in onshore wind or solar project development, who wish to learn more about the offshore process in the United States.
3. Leasing, permitting and Procurement strategies
- Leasing process
- Typical lease conditions
- Zone determination
- Phased development
- Overview of Siting and Permitting Process in U.S.
- Site Selection and Characterization
- Applicable legislation and process
- Comparison to European
- Key lessons learned
3.3 Procurement strategies
- Scope of contracts
- Advantages and disadvantages of contractual strategies
- Major players
Senior Environmental and Permitting Project Manager