Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of rotating machinery
With our systematic approach, we reveal the origin of rotating machinery problems and propose permanent solutions.
Proper troubleshooting and damage analysis of rotating machinery problems is often complicated and time-consuming. It requires the involvement of experts across several disciplines to ensure accurate findings.
With a global network and competence across the entire range of mechanical and systems engineering, DNV is your ideal partner for expertise in troubleshooting and systematic root cause analysis (RCA). For your rotating machinery diesel engines, gas turbines, gear boxes, shafts, compressors, pumps and more, we get to the source of the problem. The RCA may start with and open approach where we systematically assess possible contring factors, before we close the conclusion.
Our in-house measurement and analysis capabilities include:
- Fracture mechanics
- Fatigue and dynamics
- Shaft vibrations
- Noise and structural vibration
- Material technology
- Electrical systems
- Control systems
- Hydrodynamics using CFD analysis of propellers
Furthermore, we have our own material laboratory for metallurgic analysis of damaged components, such as crankshafts, cams, valves, gear teeth, bearings and more. Based on our findings, we can then propose design, operational changes or enhanced monitoring – aiming for a long-term solution.
Use DNV in finding the root cause of machinery issues or failures:
- Multidisciplinary capabilities in finding the true cause
- Get safe, well-functioning and reliable machinery and systems
- Eliminate costly consequences caused by inappropriate component designs or poor component interaction
- Be more flexible – we work with you, external experts, or your own experts