Recreational Craft Directive (RCD)
Demonstrate that your product fulfils all the requirements for recreational craft to be sold within the European Economic Area.
To sell your recreational craft in the EEA from 18 January 2016, you must show that it is compliant with the new Recreational Craft Directive 2013/53/EC. Until then, it must comply with 94/25/EC as amended by 2003/44/EC.
DNV offers Notified Body services according to the Recreational Craft Directive (RCD), which applies for boats with a length from 2.5 to 24 metres, personal watercraft and certain components. Our notifications cover all modules, design, construction, sound and exhaust emissions and products, as specified in the Directive.
The new RCD 2013/53/EC has a transition period of one year. So your products complying with the old or new directive can continue to be placed on the market between 18 January 2016 and 17 January 2017.
Our services include:
- Certification according to the new EC Directive on Recreational Craft (2013/53/EC), which will be applicable as of 18 January 2016, as the basis for the product’s CE marking
- Conformity assessment based on a variety of modules covering the design and production phases
- RCD conformity assessment on engines, exhaust and sound emissions
- Notified body responsibilities covering all modules, design, construction and products, as specified in the Directive
- DNV certification plate can be issued for products where DNV has been involved as Notified Body both in the design and production phase
We also offer voluntary certification of boats and components which are not within the scope of the directive. These services are carried out in accordance with DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.21 Craft and DNV Standard for Certification No. 1.2 Type Approval.
Your recreational craft benefit from EU compliancy with DNV’s expertise:
- Full support in all questions regarding the regulation from our experienced experts
- Smart certification processes that save you time and money
- Customer trust and confidence in your products due to reputable DNV certification