Global vibration analysis
Increase the comfort, safety and operability of any vessel together with DNV and our advanced global vibration analysis.
Vibration requirements are becoming stricter, putting increased pressure on yards and designers. Likewise, comfort is essential for gaining a competitive edge when it comes to passenger ships and winning seafarers.
We have the leading-edge competence and advanced tools needed to provide accurate analysis of vibration behaviour – for both ships and offshore structures.
Backed by our extensive experience in the field of noise and vibration, we can then expertly analyse the results and use them as a basis for the evaluation of compliance with the vibration levels specified for your particular vessel.
As a valued partner to yards and designers, we can also propose possible modifications to the design at an early stage to ensure a reduced risk of excessive vibration.
Thanks to our unique, holistic methods, we are able to compare the influence of different design variants within a very short period of time. Specifically, our tools for predicting the excitations stemming from the propulsion train, e.g. the propeller or main engine, are one-of-a-kind in the industry.
Team up with DNV for all your global vibration analysis needs:
- Minimise the risk of exceeding contractual vibration limits
- Reduce future maintenance and repair costs as well as downtime
- Support and guidance for how to comply with DNV Comfort Class, ISO 6954, MLC, 2006, NORSOK or other relevant vibration standards
- Gain a competitive edge on the passenger ship market
- Receive a realistic assessment of the cost–benefit ratio of structural alterations or modification to the propulsion plant
- Benefit from the reliability that comes with over 40 years of experience in global vibration analysis