Fitness-for-service (FFS) assessments - Structural integrity of assets in oil and gas
FFS assessments by DNV – helping oil and gas operators manage the structural integrity of their assets
Fitness-for-service (FFS) and structural integrity of assets
Fitness-for-service assessments are quantitative engineering evaluations performed to demonstrate the structural integrity of assets. DNV has extensive experience with fitness-for-service assessments on various assets (pressure vessels, pipelines, offshore-structures, etc.) – helping oil and gas operators make “run-repair-replacement” decisions.
Our fitness-for-service assessments will benefit customers in the oil and gas industry by supporting:
- Reduced operational and maintenance costs
- Long-term structural integrity of assets
- Life extension of assets and reduction in capital expenditure
- Justification of safe operation to regulators.
Comprehensive fitness-for-service assessments based on industry standards
We have a proven track record in conducting comprehensive fitness-for-service assessments using accepted industry standards such as API 579, BS 7910 and DNVGL-RP-F101; many of which include contributions from DNV engineers. Some of our selected fitness-for-service offerings for the oil and gas industry include:
- Defect assessments
- Pipework stress analysis
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Engineering-critical assessments (including fatigue/fracture)
- Remnant life studies and life extension of ageing assets
- Structural reliability analysis
- Root cause analysis and failure investigations
- Assessment of composites, steels and other materials
- Third-party independent reviews
- In-line inspections (ILI)
- Non-destructive testing (NDT).
DNV’s fitness-for-service offerings
We differentiate our fitness-for-service offerings from the competition by providing:
- Unmatched domain knowledge
- Competitive price with unparalleled quality of services
- Global presence with local expertise
- One-stop solution provider for all your asset integrity needs.