Flow meter calibration
Environmental and cost concerns are driving the need to reduce uncertainty in flow measurement and control by performing flow meter calibration, instrument calibration and safety valve testing.
As one of the world's largest high-pressure natural gas flow facilities, DNV Research and Testing Bishop Auckland has a global reputation for technical expertise, quality, and flexibility of service – essential for world-class flow meter calibration and safety valve testing.
With available pressures up to 60 bar, and flow rates up to 30 million SCMD, extensive pipework arrangements can be accommodated in the 90m long test area and full-size components such as flow meters, regulators, valves and filters can be calibrated and tested with realistic operating conditions and pipe geometry.
Flow meter and safety valve testing, and other services:
- Flow meter and instrument calibration
- Unique down hole well safety valve testing rig
- Single pass particle erosion testing flow rig
- UKAS accredited laboratory 0555
- Pressure calibration for transducers, differential transmitters, and gauges
- Meter evaluation and development
- Metering compliance to ISO5167
- Full scale equipment testing, verification and qualification
- Product development partnerships
- Consultancy and training
- Equipment removal and installation.