The 75th session of the IMO’s Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC 75) was held remotely with a limited agenda from 16 to 20 November 2020. MEPC 75 approved amendments to MARPOL Annex VI, with new requirements addressing GHG emissions, expected to enter into force on 1 January 2023 pending adoption at MEPC 76 in June 2021.
This webinar presents the main outcomes from the virtual MEPC 75 meeting:
- CO2 reduction measures
- Design index for existing ships (EEXI),
- Enhanced management plan (SEEMP)
- Carbon intensity rating scheme
- Accelerated EEDI schedule
- Highlights from other topics
The presenters are Eirik Nyhus, Director Environment and Tore Longva, Principal Consultant, both from DNV GL, Regulatory Affairs.