During the event, process safety management experts as well as leaders from organizations who have adopted its principles will share lessons learned and best practices. Participants will be welcome to ask questions to our speakers during the event.
Process safety management addresses the safety measures required to prevent accidental release of hazardous material from its containment, like a vessel, tank, piping, or pipeline. This Summit aims to bring together leading domain experts, companies and authorities to share knowledge and support the advancement of process safety management practices in Africa.
This is a relatively new concept and system for Africa. Around 2004 companies started to adopt the OSHA PSM approach after a few major incidents. Since then, advisors who were familiar with the process industries in the UK and USA have been introducing aspects of process safety management into that market as well.
The event will focus on the following themes:
- Safety Culture: Building process safety risk awareness and culture. Does your leadership ensure employee engagement and involvement in a safety culture?
- Knowledge transfer: Building process safety competence and expertise across all aspects of your asset operations.
- Asset Integrity Management: Managing an asset to ensure its ability to perform its function effectively and efficiently is maintained.
- Gamal Fathy Mohamed, EGPC, CEO Consultant for HSE
- Iman Wafy, Modernization team leader, Ministry of Petroleum
- Michel Deixonne, TotalEnergies
- Mohamed Shindy, Methanex Egypt, Managing Director
- Shakeel Kadri, CCPS Executive Director & CEO
- Ben Leshiba, Afrox - Linde
- Hisham El Grawany, Vice President and North Africa Area Manager for DNV, Energy Systems
- Louisa Nara, CCPS
- Anje Deschoolmeester, Vice President Service Area Markets, Risk and Power Grids, Southern Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America for DNV, Energy Systems
- Osama Elsaadawy, Business Development Manager North Africa for DNV, Energy Systems
- Jennifer Bitz, Lead Process Safety Engineer/ Project Manager, CCPS
Main objectives at its meetings:
- To share the knowledge and experience among the participants
- To provide updates on CCPS activities in the region and worldwide
- To collect inputs and feedback from member companies on future course of action in the region
- To trigger new PSM initiatives in the region
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support our customers to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
The CCPS brings together manufacturers, government agencies, consultants, academia and insurers to lead the way in improving industrial process safety.