Meeting the increasing energy demands from the expanding economies and its growing populations is a key priority for Vietnam. Thanks to its 3,000 kilometres coastline and rich wind resources, Vietnam has become one of the fastest growth markets for offshore wind with more and more international players entering this booming market.
Offshore wind will contribute tremendously to Vietnam's decarbonization. When developing large scale offshore wind farms in new regions, financial and technical risks shall be properly handled and managed to address the harsh environmental conditions, uncertainties of data, less experiences, complex interfaces, as well as other technical aspects such as integrated loads analysis, corrosion protection etc.
DNV is hosting a webinar to explain benefits of certification and how it can support stakeholders to manage the project and technical risks in this new market.
Certification could, to a large extend, resolve the technical risks through independent checking, calculation, and inspection to ensure the design and fabrication are done complying with internationally recognized standards. This is especially true for new markets by adopting the mature system from other regions. Mitigating technical risks also helps reduce financial risks and can support financial investment decisions.
Take the opportunity to participate in this webinar and get to know important stakeholders.
Who could benefit from the webinar:
- All companies / stakeholders who are involved in the Vietnamese offshore wind market: developers, wind turbine manufacturers, designers, banks, insurance companies or other subcontractors.
- All companies / stakeholders who would like to learn about types and benefits of certification in the wind industry.
What will be learnings from this webinar:
- Get to know different stakeholders in the Vietnamese offshore wind market
- Overview of certification in the Vietnamese offshore wind market
- Learn how DNV can support offshore wind projects by solving technical risks through certification
- Lessons Learnt on existing projects in Vietnam
- Benefit from the learnings of well-known developers