You are invited to join DNV for a seminar focussed on Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) taking place at DNV’s world leading Spadeadam Research and Development, Cumbria. As well as key industry speakers the event will feature a set of demonstrations of CO2 in action, designed to show the differences in some of the fundamental characteristics of CO2, providing delegates with a unique experience.
Speakers from various institutions will present and lead discussions on technical and safety aspects of CCUS, providing delegates with the opportunity to refresh their existing CCUS knowledge and discuss the upcoming challenges as the development of the CCUS clusters gathers pace.
Morning – UK CCUS progress
- Welcome and Introduction
- Key-note session - UK CCUS Progress – an overview of recent developments
- Demonstration: sublimation of CO2
- Transport and associated hazard analysis – dispersion methods and comparisons with H2/NG
- Panel session - UK CCUS progress
- Voting session
Afternoon – Capture considerations
- Welcome and results from voting session
- Key-note session - The future of CCUS
- Demonstration: liquid release of pressurized cryogenic fluid
- CO2 Capture – Common capture technologies and typical deployment paths
- Panel session - Capture technology companies
- Feedback and closing