Join this webinar as DNV discusses best practices relating to the DER interconnection process, and DER modelling processes in Synergi Electric. With many regulators now requiring utilities to develop hosting capacity information for their customers, combined with the resources required to review existing interconnection queues, it is increasingly important for distribution planners to make the most of the tools available within Synergi to support this process.
- We will discuss potential uses and considerations of different tools in Synergi
- DER analysis tools, including Impact Study and Screener tools.
- Hosting Capacity tools including Incremental, Grow and Stochastic applications.
- Options for automated processes to reflect utility interconnection study processes.
- What DER analysis tools are available, and how they can be used.
- How some utilities are implementing hosting capacity analysis.
- How the different tools can be used together in an automated manner as part of the interconnection study process.
Speakers:Jonathan Flinn, Principal Consultant
Mr. Flinn has been employed by DNV for 16 years, with the last 10 years working as a power system engineer. Through this work, Mr. Flinn has extensive experience in studying various aspects of the transmission and distribution system, with a focus on the integration of distributed energy resources, renewable energy and distribution planning. His specialization is now in working with DNV’s Synergi Electric software, supporting utilities’ implementations of the software and running and automating complex analyses. Through this work, Mr. Flinn assists utilities in finding the most efficient methods to produce the results required for their distribution planning processes, including multi-year load flow analysis; implementation of load profiles; DER studies; reliability analysis, and contingency analysis.