Sima software is a simulation tool for marine operations – from modelling to results, built on software for dynamic analysis. Both 3D and 2D graphics make understanding the results fast and intuitive.
Visual simulation of the engineering calculations of marine operations
Visual simulation of the engineering calculations of marine operations, including feasibility evaluation, distinguishing challenging tasks, preparation for the actual operation, familiarisation and cross-disciplinary communication are all included in Sesam's Sima software.
In addition, Sima software provides decision support during actual operation, including online monitoring, visibility and ‘what-if’ analysis, offering state-of-the-art risk management.
The Sima software is a graphical pre/post-processor to Simo and Riflex. The structure pictures may be generated in Sesam GeniE and the hydrodynamic coefficients may be generated in Sesam HydroD.
Marine operations increasing in complexity
There are several reasons why the analysis of complex marine operations is increasing in scope, where Sima software will provide solutions:
- Increase in subsea template installations, requiring more lifting and installation analysis
- Increase in pipeline and flexible riser/umbilical installations
- Higher demand for lifting analysis in modification market
- Installation of larger topside structures, requiring more complex lifting or float-over installations
- Installation of OWT (substructure, topside and turbine blades) requires complex lifting operations
Typical applications of the Sima software
- Lifting of topsides and modules
- Lifting and installation of subsea equipment (templates, pipelines, flexible risers)
- Floatover installation/removal of topsides
- Load-out from quay to barge
- Offloading (tankers in tandem or side-by-side)
- Offshore crane operations
- Subsea installation (e.g. subsea templates)
- Jacket/deck lift installation and removal (floatover)
- Transportation (towing) of TLP Installation of TLP and GBS by e.g. tugs
- Up-ending of SPAR